Thoughts on biking and Czech life through the Eyes of an American

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

The first of many aimless posts! So excited!

Well this whole blogging thing eluded me for the past few years... although come to think of it, I did have a website with AOL (members.aol.com) back in 1995... it really sucked. I hope they ripped it off the internet with a vengeance. Anyway, I started reading other blogs and needed a place on the internet to tell those people that blogs are dumb. Plus, I kept coming up with really awesome ideas; ideas that would change the world - you know, but within 6 months some hotshot company would steal my plan and make trillions of dollars. Trillions, honest. So here I am. Just don't steal any of my sweet ideas!

Which reminds me, I bet that ole site is still up and kicking with thousands of visitors per hour, lets go check it out!!
http://www.maineislandillusions.com/blog/aol.gif" alt="Where's my site!!"
Obviously a horrendus error has occured. I'm sure the AOL Tech Team is just performing some routine maintenence on the site.

So what's this lame blog all about, besides trillions of dollars? Well, I will probably write about biking. Until it snows. Then I will write about skiing. At some point in January I will probably break my leg skiing in the glades so don't miss out on that. Probably some good pictures will be included. Also, I might chime in on some lame computer programming topic from time-to-time to keep the Dungeons & Dragons folk entertained. (Gotta be fair to everyone, this is a p.c. site. Wait, I mean pc and mac, wait... what? where am I?).

This is me -- Important Stats To Remember:
Name:John - aka JV8
Blog:jv8.blogspot.com - bookmark that sucker!
Age:25
Occupation:Software Engineer / Database Developer
#Chicks amassed due to occupation:0
Edurcation:B.S. Computer Science, minor in accounting (at schools in New York and Vermont)
Sports & Interests:
  • Mountain and road biking
  • Downhill skiing
  • Cross-country skiing (skate style, or freestyle if you will, not that pansy traditional nordic style crap)
  • Ice hockey
  • some other sports I don't do anymore
  • Watching college football, college hockey, the Red Sox, and I always go to every world series the sox win, rain or shine.
  • But mostly I do lots and lots of Needlepoint.
Where to find me skiing in 2004-05:Sugarloaf, Sunday River, plus super-secret backcountry destinations.
Where to find me biking this fall:I've been riding before work lately so you will probably see me between 5:30 am and 8:30 am. Just don't run me over in your car if your latte spills on your lap or if you decided to take a quick snooze on a straight-a-way.
Places to go:Hmm...
  • Switzerland
  • The Netherlands
  • Chamonix, France
  • Austria
  • Bike across the US (2005??)
  • Chile
  • Idaho again
  • Antartica, just for 5 minutes to check it out.
  • Scandinavia
  • Uninhabited atolls in the South Pacific
  • the store down the street (soon)
  • And anywhere that people suggest I go. As long as it's cool. No, Worchester doesn't count.

Alright, well I better try to post this thing to see if it works...
Oh, and if your reading this, be sure to comment so I know this works!

1 Comments:

Blogger JV said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

September 22, 2004 at 8:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home