Thoughts on biking and Czech life through the Eyes of an American

Friday, February 16, 2007

Maiden Voyage 2007


Ride Stats

  • Distance:53.52 mi

  • Time:3:02:14

  • Avg. Speed17.7 mph

  • Max. Speed44.8 mph

  • Climbing:4580 feet

  • Avg. HR:140 bpm

  • Energy:2283 cal



bike



Cloudy

43°

High: 43° Low: 27°




Sorry about the image (no I am not Ivan Basso), I'll edit it soon, hopefully with a picture from the ride each day.

Today was the first ride of the year after spending several days trying to get my bike in working order. Stuck to my favorite route which you can see is pretty hilly. Now that I have my new Polar S625X heart rate monitor I am able to tell exactly how undulating the terrain is around Brno... 4580 feet of climbing... ouch!

No real time to write but some of the interesting things spotted on todays ride were an extra-large pair of black and white striped panties on the side of the road (anyone missing a pair?) and the sweet smell of coal that embraced the various small villages along the Czech countryside.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home